The merger of the Cricut die cut machine with a full color printer = Cricut Imagine!
The latest offering from Provo Craft lets you print and cut on a single easy to use machine. The Cricut Imagine is fully compatible with all original Cricut cartridges. There will also be special "Imagine" cartridges.
The machine will print out a selected image, and then cut around the image.
The LCD screen interface is very similar to the Gypsy, and uses a stylus for navigating on the screen.
Some features of the Cricut Imagine:
- It works with paper sizes up to 12 x 12 and makes cuts from .25 inches to 11.5 inches, making large-format print and cutting possible
- Uses a touch screen LCD for easy system navigation
- No computer is necessary to use.
- HP makes the inkjet print element and then sends it to PC to install in the Imagine.
- Dual ink cartridges: Black ($34.99 MSRP) and Tricolor ($39.99 MSRP).
- Cartridges should print 150 full pages.
- Machine ships with full-size ink cartridges.
- Imagine uses the same blades as the current Cricuts.
- Weighs 28lbs
- Gypsy update to be released on 9/13 that will let the Gypsy work with the Imagine.
- Works with current Cricut cartridges.
- They will be releasing cartridges if colors and textures that can be used as “fill” in existing shape cartridges.
- Blade and print head do not ride on same carriage like patent filing detailed.
The Imagine will have it's own special mats with black markings on them, these marking allow the machine to know where it is on the mat, you can use the in the other Cricut machines, but you cannot use regular mats in the Imagine.
Suggested retail for Cricut Imagine is $599.99
Watch the video to see the Cricut Imagine in action!
Cricut Imagine machine
$102.50 (2 Bids)
CRICUT IMAGINE MACHINE BUNDLE
Cricut Imagine Machine Now With Five Art Cartridges